ITR V stands for ‘Income Tax Return – Verification’ form. It is an acknowledgment for E-filing which is generated after uploading the Income Tax Return in .xml format. Now, till the return filed is not duly signed by us, our filing remains incomplete. Any assessee who is filing a return of income electronically without the use of a digital signature an ITR V form will be generated and the assessee is required to submit the signed copy of the same to the CPC Bangalore.
So, after getting the ITR V simply follow these steps to complete filing -
- Print two copies of form ITR V
- One copy of such ITR V, duly signed has to be sent in A-4 size envelope by ordinary post to CPC Bangalore (Income Tax Department CPC, Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Office, Bengaluru – 560100, Karnataka.)
- Keep the other copy for own record
- The ITR V should be mailed within 120 days of e-filing.
- Upon the receipt of ITR V, Income Tax Department will send an e-mail acknowledging the receipt of signed copy of ITR V. This is our acknowledgement.
- Filing is now complete.
Duly Signed copy of ITR V has to be submitted to the Income Tax Department so as to complete the filing process as the department needs to verify the authenticity of income tax return when filed online without using a digital signature.
Some Relevant Points to be kept in mind regarding ITR V-
- If the submission of ITR V is done after the specified time of 120 days, then our filing will be regarded as null and void and it will be considered that we have not filed any return. In such a case, if we have filed a revised return we will get a new ITR V and the same have to be submitted within 120 days.
- We cannot submit ITR V at local Income Tax office nor anywhere else in India except CPC Bangalore.
- We need not have to attach or mail any other documents except the signed ITR V form.
Do’s & Don’t for printing and submitting of ITR V to CPC Bangalore -
1. Please use Ink Jet /Laser printer to print the ITR V Form.
2. Avoid printing on Dot Matrix printer.
3. The ITR V Form should be printed only in black ink.
4. Ensure that print out is clear and not light print/faded copy.
5. Please do not print any water marks on ITR V. The only permissible watermark is that of “Income tax Department” which is printed automatically on each ITR V.
6. The document that is mailed to CPC should be signed in original in Blue Ink.
7. Photocopy of signatures will not be accepted.
8. The signatures or any handwritten text should not be written on Bar code.
9. Bar code and numbers below barcode should be clearly visible.
10. Only A4 size white paper should be used.
11. Avoid typing anything at the back of the paper.
12. Perforated paper or any other size paper should be avoided.
13. Do not use stapler on ITR V acknowledgement.
14. In case you are submitting original and revised returns, do not print them back to back. Use two separate papers for printing ITR V separately.
15. More than one ITR V can be sent in the same envelope.
16. Please do not submit any annexures, covering letter, pre stamped envelopes etc. along with ITR V.
17. The ITR V form is required to be sent to Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560100, by ordinary post or speedpost.
18. ITR Vs that do not conform to the above specifications may get rejected or acknowledgement of receipt may get delayed.
Thus, keeping the above mentioned points in mind ITR V should be printed and get submitted to CPC Bangalore otherwise it may get rejected or acknowledgement of receipt may get delayed.