- File the income tax returnÂ manually (in paper form) ;
- File online income tax return (e-filing)Â with digital signature;
- File online returnÂ and thereafter submit the verification ofÂ the returnÂ in Form ITR-V to CPC; or
- File a bar coded return (in paper form)
However, Online filing of income tax returns has been made mandatory for specified class of assessee. This write would address to that. Mandatory E-filing of Income Tax Return- with or without Digital signatures â€“ Online filing of income tax return has become mandatory for certain assessees.Â E-filing income tax return can be done with or without digital signature. Government along with online income tax return filing has also mandated certain class of assessee to file online return only with the digital signature. Under mentioned assessees covering under any of the option have to follow the same from AY 2013-14.
- An Individual or HUF whose total income in the previous year exceeds Rs. 5 lacs.
- An Individual or HUF being a resident, having assets (including financial interest in any entity) located outside India or signing authority in any account located outside India and required to furnish the return in Form ITR-2 or ITR-3 or ITR-4, as the case may be.
- A person claiming any relief of tax under section 90 or 90A or deduction of tax under section 91 of the Act
Compulsory E-filing of income tax return only with Digital signatures â€“
- An Individual & HUF who are required to get their books of accounts audited u/s 44AB.
- A firm who is required to get their books of accounts audited u/s 44AB.
- A company who is required to file in Form ITR -6.
We at Taxmantra.com would be able to help you in filing of tax returns and also other tax related issues. Please feel free to check this page â€“Â Income tax return FilingÂ ORÂ call us at +91 88 208208 11, +919230033070Â ORÂ email us atÂ â€˜firstname.lastname@example.orgâ€™