New Form for PAN Applications

New form for New PAN Card or/And Changes or correction in PAN Data has been released by the Income tax department. PAN applications have to be furnished in this form with effective from 8th April, 2012. The new form is of one page and easy to fill. Moreover, the form also have column to fill AADHAAR number for the applicants who already have one. Two types of PAN applications are done:

  • Application for allotment of PAN – This application form should be used by one who are applying for PAN first time or does not have PAN allotted to him.

Following forms have been released for submitting applications for allotment of new PAN:

FORM 49A – To be filled by Indian citizens including those who are located outside India.

FORM 49AA – To be filled by foreign citizens.

  • Application for new PAN Card or/and Changes or Corrections in PAN Data – Those who have already obtained the PAN and wish to obtain the new PAN card or want to make some changes / corrections in their PAN data, are required to submit their applications in the following prescribed form:

REQUEST FOR NEW PAN CARD OR/AND CHANGES OR CORRECTION IN PAN DATA – The same form can be used by Indian as well as foreign citizens. A new PAN card bearing the same PAN but updated information is issued to applicant in such case.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.