Now, all deductors (including government deductors who deposit TDS in the Central Government Account through book entry) shall issue TDS certificate in Form No. 16A generated through TIN central system. Moreover, it is also mandatory to download it from the TIN website with a unique TDS certificate no. in respect of all sums deducted on or after the 1st day of April, 2012 under any of the provisions of Chapter-XVII-B other than section 192. This compulsion has been made from CBDT Circular No. 01/2012.
TDS Certificates i.e., Form 16A after 01.04.2012
- For all categories of deductors, it is mandatory to download Form 16A from TIN Web Site and issue such downloaded certificates to deductees.
- Such downloaded TDS certificate will have a unique TDS Certificate Number.
- This procedure is applicable for all deductions made on or after 01-04-2012.
So, all deductors from 1st April 2012 have to
- Download TDS certificate from the TIN Web site,
- Verify the correctness of the contents mentioned therein and
- Authenticate the correctness of the contents before issue of the said certificate.