Every person whose total income for previous year exceeds basic exemption limits are obligated to file income tax return. Other than Companies and Tax audit Individuals, any assessee can file a return of income electronically without the use of a digital signature. In this write up we are providing all details about ITR-V. ITR-V is generated once a return of income is filed electronically on successful feeding of the data in the Income Tax (IT) department website. ITR-V ITR-V stands for â€˜Income Tax Return â€“ Verificationâ€™ form. It is an acknowledgment for E- filing which is generated after uploading the ITR in .xml format. Now, till the return filed is not duly signed by us, our filing remains incomplete. So, after getting the ITR-V simply follow these steps to complete filing:
- Print two copies of form ITR-V
- One copy of such ITR-V, duly signed has to be sent in A-4 size envelope by ordinary post to CPC Bangalore (Income Tax Department CPC,Â Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Office, Bengaluru – 560100, Karnataka.)
- Â Retain the other copy for own record
- The ITR-V should be mailed within 120 days of e-filing.
- Upon the receipt of ITR-V, Income Tax Department will send an e-mail acknowledging the receipt of signed copy of ITR-V. This is our acknowledgement.
- Our filing is now complete.
Duly Signed copy of ITR-V has to be submitted to the IT Department so as to complete the filing process as the department needs to verify the authenticity of income tax return when filed online without using a digital signature. Relevant Points
- If we submit ITR-V after the specified time of 120 days, then our filing will be regarded as null and void and it will be considered that we have not filed any return. In such a case, if we have filed a revised return we will get a new ITR-V and the same have to be submitted within 120 days.
- We cannot submit ITR-V at local Income Tax office nor anywhere else in India except at the above mentioned registered address.
- We need not have to attach or mail any other documents except the signed ITR-V form.
Some Doâ€™s & Dontâ€™s for Printing & Submitting of ITR-V
- Ink Jet / Laser printer should be used to print the ITR-V Form.
- The form should be printed in black ink only.
- The print out should be clear and easily readable.
- The document should be signed in BLUE INK only. No photocopy of signatures will be accepted.
- Bar code & numbers below bar code should be easily visible. It should not be scribbled nor anything should be written on bar code.
- Only A4 size paper should be used.
- Back to back printing, use of stapler should be avoided.
- More than one ITR-V can be sent in the same envelope.
ITR-Vs that do not conform to the above specifications may get rejected or acknowledgement of receipt may get delayed.