1. Visual blogging platform @Trell raises $1.25 M in seed funding from multiple investors. The seed round of $1.25 million was co-led by BEENEXT PTE. LTD and WEH Ventures. Sprout Venture Partners, Rajan Anandan, MD of Google India, @Anupam Mittal, Founder of Shaadi.com, and other HNIs also participated in the round through LetsVenture platform.
2. Hyper-personalised physician engagement app @MEngage raises $175 K in seed funding – Investors who participated in the seed funding round included @Siddharth Agarwal, CEO of Silk Asia and President of TiE Rajasthan; Mahaveer Sharma, Chairman of Rajasthan Angel Innovators’ Network (RAIN); Amit Singal, Founder and CEO of Startup Buddy; mobile tech accelerator, 100 Co-founders Lab; and others.
3. Amazon Leads $11 Mn Funding Round In Urban Mobility Startup Shuttl. Shuttl plans to use the funds for expansion in India and product development. Founded in April 2015 by Amit Singh and Deepanshu Malviya, Shuttl provides an app-based office shuttle service and claims to offer economic and comfortable shuttle services to commuters.
4. Healthtech Startup HealthPlix Raises $3 Mn From IDG Ventures, Kalaari Capital – Founded in 2014 by Raghuraj Sunder Raju, Sandeep Gudibanda and Prasad Basavaraj, HealthPlix aims to bring transformative change in the way diseases are treated in the Indian outpatient care.
5. Former Sequoia Capital MDs To Launch A $291 Mn Fund To Invest In Series B Startups – The investment company is being named as A91 Partners & will be investing in emerging companies across sectors such as consumer, healthcare, financial services, and technology.
6. Lendingkart Finance Raises $43.7 Mn In Debt Funding To Disburse $291 Mn Worth Loans In FY18-19. Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC has invested $21.8 Mn (INR 150 Cr). Funds will be used towards growing loan book and financing more MSMEs.
7. InnoCirc-Backed MyHealthcare Raises $2Mn Series A Funding – Delhi-based Hunch Ventures and Angel Investor Ajay Nanavati led the latest round of funding. MyHealthcare will invest the funds in developing its AI and ML technologies in the next phase.
8. The Mumbai-based fashion house of designers and stylists Purple Style Labs has raised $3 Mn in funding from a clutch of high net worth individuals (HNI’s) including Flipkart’s Binny Bansal, PayU India’s Jitendra Gupta and Astarc Ventures. Existing investors including Calcutta Angels, Operator VC also participated in the round. Founded in 2015 by Abhishek Agarwal, Purple Style Labs incubates young designer brands and provides them with sales, marketing and technical support in a bid to build a luxury fashion house out of India.
9. Xiaomi, Sequoia Capital Lead $7 Mn Funding Round In Samosa Labs. Till date, Samosa Labs has raised $9 Mn. Founded in 2015 by Abhilash Inumella, it is a chat entertainment platform that offers user-generated audio and gifs which could be shared across other social media platforms like Facebook and WhatsApp.
10. AI Startup Actionable Science Raises $1 Mn Funding From Globevestor and Tri-Valley. The startup will use the fund to accelerate product development, reach more customers,and improve client delivery. The funding round also witnessed participation of several corporate executives from US and Asia, including Shyam Maheshwari, Jai Mirpuri, Sukeert Shankar, Puneet Kaushik, Abhijeet Harolikar, and Bhahmanand Hegde.
11. Content Aggregator NewsDog Secures C+ Funding from Vision Plus Capital. Vision Plus Capital was founded by Yongming Wu, co-founder Alibaba Group Holding Limited and served as its President since January 2013. Based in China with focus on India, NewsDog has been known for its advanced machine learning capabilities that enable a personalised content feed for users, in line with their preferences.
12. Y Combinator Invests In Its 26th Indian Startup — ZiffyHomes. ZiffyHomes has built a platform using analytics-based algorithm for booking house on rent. ZiffyHomes has acquired two similar rental service providers —FellaHomes and Nivassa Rental.
Follow our News Feed #TADSignals on LinkedIn and catch up on all that is happening around you in the startup/SME ecosystem.