1. The Board Of OYO Approves ‘ESOP Plan 2018’ Focussed On Indian Employees – OYO has about 4,700 employees working at OYO’s hotel chain across 160 cities in India.
2. Bengaluru-based hyperlocal subscription delivery startup DailyNinja has acquired Hyderabad-based hyperlocal delivery startup 4amShop for an undisclosed amount in an all-cash deal. Post-acquisition, the founders of 4amShop will exit and their 2,000 customers will be transferred to DailyNinja.
3. Youtube Will Become 2nd Biggest Website In US As Facebook Loses 50% Of Monthly Traffic.
4. OnePlus Launches Retail Stores In Pune, Ahmedabad; Plans Massive Offline Expansion
5. Amazon Invests $385.8 Mn In Seller Services, $14 Mn In Food Retail – Citi Research estimates that Amazon India is currently in second place in the Indian ecommerce market with about $5 Bn in GMV
6. ISRO To Launch Incubators To Give Wings To Indian Space Startups – will groom space startups that are building solutions in rocketry, communication satellites, and applications related to remote sensing data
7. Uber’s Dara Khosrowshahi Reiterates Commitment To India – Uber is placing big bets like Uber Eats, Express Pool, e-bikes and scooters. The company has been identifying its weak points and has already sold its operations in South Asia earlier this year to rival Grab, China and Russia to focus on profitable ones like the US.
8. Ecommerce Policy Should Promote Startups, Investment, Growth, says Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant. He talks about having only one agency and not ministries or agencies to deal with ecommerce .He stressed on an ecommerce policy that ensures consumer protection
9. Even as WhatsApp’s payment service WhatsApp Pay is facing delays, its parent company, Facebook, is reportedly rolling out a payments feature through its Messenger app. Facebook plans to offer mobile recharges and top-ups as an extension of its Marketplace feature and has partnered with a number of companies, including telcos, to provide these services to its users.
10. After having received official approval from the Competition Commission on India (CCI) for the Walmart-Flipkart deal, Flipkart has finally launched its customer loyalty programme Flipkart Plus.
11. Kerala Flood: Jio, Airtel, BSNL, Idea & Vodafone Offer Free Calls & Data
12. Indian startup makes it to German sports accelerator – Live sports social engagement platform Rooter has been chosen to be a part of the 2018 ‘leAD Sports Accelerator Program’. Among the 10 startups that were chosen for the programme, Rooter is the only one from India. Rooter is a sports social gaming platform that connects sports fans and engages them during live matches.
Follow our News Feed #TADSignals on LinkedIn and catch up on all that is happening around you in the startup/SME ecosystem.